Following oral administration of ofloxacin is rapidly and almost completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Bioavailable is almost 100%. The maximum concentration of ofloxacin in the blood plasma after administration achieved after a protein binding is 25%.. Metabolized jelfa omnadren of ofloxacin. The half-life of 6-7 hours. The volume of distribution of approximately 120 liters. Up to 90% of ofloxacin excreted by the kidneys in an unmodified form, about 4% in the bile.
Treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to ofloxacin:
- respiratory tract infections (except in cases of pneumococcal infection);
- ear infections, nose and throat (except in cases of acute tonsillitis);
- abdominal infections and biliary tract;
- kidney infection, urinary tract, prostate, urethra (including gonococcal origin);
- pelvic infection;
- infections of bones and joints;
- skin and soft tissue infections.
- prevention of infections in patients with impaired immune status (including neutropenia).Contraindications
- Hypersensitivity to ofloxacin, other quinolones or components of the drug;
- damage to the central nervous system with a reduced seizure threshold (after traumatic brain injury, stroke, inflammatory processes in the central nervous system (CNS);
- tendon injury during jelfa omnadren the earlier treatment of quinolones;
- age of 18 years;
- pregnancy and lactation;Precautions: patients with cerebral atherosclerosis, blood circulation (in history), chronic renal insufficiency, organic lesions, with prolongation of the interval.
Dosage and administration
dose of ofloxacin and the duration of jelfa omnadren treatment depend on the severity and type of infection, the patient’s general condition and renal function.
The average daily dose for adults – from 200 mg to 600 mg. Treatment duration -7-10 days.
The dose to 400 mg / day may be administered in 1 intake, preferably in the morning. Doses in excess of 400 mg / day should be divided into 2 doses with regular intervals. Tablets should be taken whole with a glass of water both before and during the meal. It is necessary to avoid the simultaneous reception with antacids. In severe infections, or in patients who are overweight daily dose may be increased to 800 mg.